Thursday, March 13, 2014

The daffodils have arrived


Hello everybody are you as anxious for spring as I am?I found this adorable teapot at my local Gw thrift store  and joined it with my spring polka dotted cake stand and my charming yellow rose my oldest son gave me many many years ago 

I had this tablescape of something in yellow stuck in my mind for over a month. Living in San Diego  it does seem like we live in the spring all year round ,but we do have  a minor change in our seasons. But when the daffodils arrive even we know spring is either knocking at our doors or Trader Joe's just got their spring delivery in. I love Trader Joe's and these little beauties I snagged up for only 1.29 a bunch (I had two but they got tangled and three bunches jumped into my cart so fast I couldn't shake them free but the other flowers cried to be taken home and I just didn't want to hear that racket so I purchased two more sets of rose bouquets also.Here I layered my plates with a soft buttercream plate from Burlington's for .98 had the square little plates I Had             already, the round yellow pattern ones are from Pier one and a little costly but I went to 5 stores to find the color yellow I wanted. another little dessert plate and a star bowl rounds out the pile. I found yellow flatware from Burlington's how cute is that?add some of my use all beads

I went to IKEA and found yellow candles (YELLOW???) in pillars and tapers just the right size and the scent is buttercups Yumm!!!!!

a little yellow bird came out to sing his song of spring and he sits on my nests I made from burlap strings.The candle holder jars from the thrift store I painted and distressed them.Here are my daffodils center stage .A beautiful yellow rose and raspberry tiered cake stand just waiting for treats to be placed upon them



Here you can see the entire table.I don't buy alot of tablecloths just don't have the room to store nor the money to buy.So I buy fabric when its really really cheap like $1.00 a yard at Walmart and cut and trimmed two napkins in soft yellow gingham fabric. I added this lil rolling pin between the birds maybe waiting to roll out the spring cookies for the rose and raspberry tiered stand. I had these Gerber daisy napkin rings and double up my gingham material with white satin napkin rings at clearance from Home Good(.98)
I found these scroll yellow felt place mats at Anna's Linens clearance for .78 Cool







Add  here are the place settings

Would you believe I purchased these gobblits at my local GW thrift store 99 cents each.

daffodils are springs trumpet shouting I am here!!!

these make me happy do they make you feel happy too?


Flowers are opening up

ahh pretty

let's light the candles for a happy dinner.

And here is another view of the cake stand none of my tables would be complete without one.

a long view down the table

I love the way a simple thought and vision turned out to be so pretty and I didn't really have alot of yellow stuff.

hope your wish for the coming of Spring is as joyful as mine is

2 comments:

  1. Love this table! Your flowers, pillar candles, all of the yellow...just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie, I think you put the wrong link in for the party. It says Irish Escape, but it brings me to this. See if you can relink the Irish post.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and critiques. Thank you so much.