Saturday, March 22, 2014

cobalt and white

Hi fellow bloggers I am joining Kathleen @ Cuisine Kathleen in doing a cobalt blue and white tablescape.

 

 She recently did a table  and asked us to do a bird theme table. It seems I did them in reverse order.



I too love the pops of color the blue brings out. For years I have collected(oh no not another collection?) little pieces of cobalt blue but never doing anything with them together until now. I was at my local IKEA store and they had cobalt blue candles.They have such a variety of candle colors.








Then my idea for a table started coming together. There are only two of us so I don't need to buy six or eight or even four of anything.


So when shopping at thrift stores or antique stores I always look out for two pieces with cobalt on them.

Like pretty bowls and wine goblets. These cute little cake plates I made for a catering event(I had to make 35 little individual mini cupcake stands)



The little bottles came with scented oils in them, the tablecloth was five yards of fabric from Walmart for $.50 clearance a yard.


I love the cobalt dark marbles  like  a girls jewelry accessory.

 

 Found the blue coffee and  creamer at an antique shop that was closing

these little blue pieces to the left of the bowl have been sitting in a shadow box for years(shop your house first for little add ons)


 IKEA chargers boy are these things versatile


I made distressed candle holders that someone shared in Blog land I forget who but thank you for the tip.


let's light  these candles and have a real dinner.


 Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy this first weekend of Spring.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful...love all of the blue elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie, I love all of the lovely cobalt elements of this pretty table. The tablecloth you made from the Walmart closeout material is just delightful as a background for the rest of your tablescape. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and critiques. Thank you so much.