Sunday, March 16, 2014

butterflies and dragonflies

Hello everybody I hope that Spring is finally reaching out to you.I know I am tired of winter but can't imagine what it has been like for those of you who have had so much snow and bitter cold temperatures. Today in San Diego at Balboa Park they released hundreds of Monarch butterflies.It was such a beautiful site. I wanted to do a tablescape in honor of Butterflies because to me  they are the inspiration to Spring.


I have this lovely butterfly cake plate that I use for display and thought this would really work well for this idea.

I received this glass bowl from my son for Christmas it is made out of recycled sea glass in a very soft teal color and placed it on another butterfly cake plate.

 I purchased these adorable little plates at an Estate sale they were so Springy and knew they had to come home with me.One has a butterfly the other a dragonfly.
 these bee glasses were a great find at Home Goods,the wicker chargers on sale from Grandin the road.

I made these tiny burlap roses and put them in tiny  little bottles.


 Here is the view from above I think I will serve a lite lunch.
I think I will bake some brownies to put under this dome. Wishing you a welcome Spring may you all get some warmth and flowers soon.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Susie,
    I have a couple of plates with that same springy pattern of butterflies, bees, and dragon flies on them. I love the bowl your son gifted you with; what a beautiful colour! You asked about my pink vase....I had gone to a local flower shop one day to get flowers for my mother and spied that vase. It just had to come home with me! I love it! Thank you for your visit and have a beautiful day. Happy Spring!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and critiques. Thank you so much.