Thursday, December 10, 2015

Leavonworth Washington

This is the town of Leavenworth Washington. A little Bavarian town nestled in the Cascade mountains about a three hour drive from Seattle only it took me about four hours of driving because I had white out blizzard conditions and could only drive at 8 miles per hour.This figure guards the hotel I stayed at. He is over thirty feet tall and made out machine parts. 


This is scene from the river on the ride up there

this is the town and it was magnificent I'll  let you just look at the pics and enjoy. I wish I could tell you not only how it looked but how it smelled and the cold and the crunch of the snow beneath your feet or the sausages cooking







The kids were sledding in this park and to just stand there and watch and enjoy



Strawberry with cream cheese and whipped cream with a cup of hot peppermint cocoa was the perfect afternnoon snack to warm up to




The nutcracker museum/store had almost ten thousand nutcrackers unbelievable


This truck needs a Christmas tree on it right!!


doesn't this look like a scene right out of Norman Rockwell or Thomas Kinkaid with the mountains in the background it was just breathtaking







This was the most amazing clock shop where all these beautiful clocks had songs and working parts and chimes and moving pieces and I could have stayed for hours just listening to them













A Bavarian bakery with a tree outside decorated in Bavarian Pretzels boy did it smell heavenly 

So Pretty

This truck is deceptive it was actually over six feet long but how cute is this?

So Beautiful

Wine tasting downstairs

This a Russian doll store so many sets it took your breath away.My son collects these sets but not getting one for Christmas some of these went for thousands of dollars


City square




Kids were sledding what a joy to just watch

city park all aglow

Hotel across street from mine

This was a magical place and a must see for anyone coming to Seattle. I went on a Thursday but between now and Christmas they get up to one hundred thousand tourists glad I went before they all came.I treated myself to this for a number of reasons but the main reason is On Saturday on the way to work I was in a horrible car accident where no one was hurt ,two cars totaled and was left with no car and alot of worries one being the driver was uninsured. So I went up here to relax unwind and be forever grateful of the Angels that were watching over me and my coworker that morning.Please drive carefully and be on the defensive, all of us have angels watching over us  I know I did.Have a great week and as we get closer to Christmas love someone near to you even more than you did.Love Susie, oh yea and join us for all the great blogs out there. 


5 comments:

  1. First let me say Susie, I am so sorry about the accident. I am glad you are alright. You are aren't you? Your photos are stunning. I would love to be transported to this wonderful and charming place. Looks like you are in Europe. Enjoyed your descriptions as well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Susie, I'm glad you and your co-worker are alright! I know what it is like to walk away from an accident where your car is totalled and everyone wonders how you possibly got out alive. It is life changing! Your retreat was the perfect place for you to go and breathe easier while enjoying all the sights and sounds. The village does indeed remind one of a Norman Rockwell scene. So beautiful and serene. So glad you shared with us. Have a lovely day and take care!

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi thank you for your love and concern for me. It fills my heart with pure Joy that other bloggers out there don't know each other but we are there for each other.what a wonderful network of friendships we develop.Yes this was the antidote to fear and pain and yes even rage that I needed. I wish everyone could see it but mostly I am grateful for the circle of friends I have in blogging.Merry Christmas to you and your family Susie

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you weren't hurt in the accident. What a beautiful place you picked for a Christmas visit. I believe I have read about it in one of Debbie Macomber's Christmas books, it is nice to see the picture of it. May your Christmas be filled with blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I just got finished reading that book it is Bavarian village and they really have icicle lane and Bavarian street and chocolate factory It's several wine tasting basement tap room over three hundred stores and all the workers are required to dress in period clothing's I wish you could come see it and experience it is just magical can;t to go again.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and critiques. Thank you so much.