Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Strawberries of the Northwest

Hi fellow bloggers can you believe August is winding down already. I am I the only one to think this month flew by. One minute I'm celebrating my birthday in the first of the month next I'm planning my tablescape for Labor day. Oh well that's ok because that means Fall is not far behind.

I hAD THESE REAL CUTE STRAWBERRY PLATES I WANTED TO USE AND WITH THE WONDERFUL ABUNDANCE OF PRODUCE PRODUCED IN THE NORTHWEST AND THE BOUNTIFUL FARMERS MARKETS THAT ARE IN EVERYTOWN I WANTED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE GORGEOUS STRAWBERRIES.MY CAMERA WAS SHY OF ENERGY AND THE COLOR IS NOT VERY GOOD LOOKS MORE LIKE A FUCHIA THAN BRIGHT RED.


I put the plates out first to see where I was going to put the strawberries undecided if I was going to put them in little bowls or just individual. after I set the table I decided just a few on each plate 



                 I love the pops of green to contrast the red and in the last picture you can actually see how red it really is.

I am making some strawberry cupcakes as I type this to go with the table but they weren't done yet.My son and new daughter were married this weekend in Crescent City Ca.I flew down to Medford and drove out to there. it was a beautiful wedding and I am so happy to finally have a daughter in my life.There was fires everywhere and the smoke was so intense. We actually flew over Mountains in Oregon and you could see the flames just destroying our forests So Sad.


See the color of these berries aren't they just beautiful?


                                                  Each little plate is different and has a little different pattern                                               on them. I am sucker for anytime I see packages of little                                                 dessert plates you don't  want to know how many sets of                                                                  these little dishes  I have in my collections                                                                                                          



 I added my red waterford goblets they are so striking red and perfect for some Martinelli cider in them
Well that's it for now not a big blog this week. I did come across some wonderful new news regarding my career and I will tell you all about it as I get more info,but maybe just maybe the job I have been searching for has finally found me in Seattle.
''

 
Wow so much clearer with camera phone pictures I just figured out how to do this


the cupcakes are added so let the luncheon begin

I made these little gems aren't they cute?

picked these napkin rings up at a thrift store for 50 cents they are Lennox and the material is fat quarters


this little pitcher also came home with me from a thrift store outing.

 well I'm off to work hope everyone enjoys their last week of August and are ready for Fall to come as I am oh how I love the Fall colors I can't wait to decorate. Wish you all love health and lots of hugs. I'm hooking up with Join me for The Scoop, Between Naps on the Porch, Funky Junk Interiors,Confessions of a Plate Addict and anymore I can find. Stay cool say prayers for all the Fire fighters out there. love Susie

7 comments:

  1. I love those strawberry plates and napkin rings! Your table looks very bright and cheerful. The polka dot flatware is a fun touch too. Congrats on the good job news, I hope it will all fall into place for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Joy for stopping by my site It's always such a joy when others share my passion for pretty plates.Iam hoping this is the right job for me. I''ll let you know what hgappens.Susie

      Delete
  2. Love this tablescape! I haven't seen you in a while. Miss you! Your table is beautiful. Love your combination of dishes. They are both charming and beautiful! I love the little strawberries you made and the heart shape dish you put them in. The fabric on the napkins is lovely. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Val It's so good to hear from you I have missed you and your gorgeous tables. thanks for the comments on my strawberry page. My lovely new apt is very dark and hard to lite so all my tables will be rather dark.I'm not complaining but very grateful I even have a place to call my own.Busy in Seattle trying to find my way in this magnificent city.Susie

      Delete
  3. Hi Susan,
    Oh I love your strawberry theme. Strawberries are my favourite fruit. Your table is so perfect and the colours are so rich. Everything is very inviting and cheery. Thank you for brightening my day! Happy Tea Day! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen will you join me for tea? a tea in strawberry fields the reddest juiciest berries I am going to make creme horns with strawberry whipped cream and strawberry napoleons ooh you must come and visit.what fun we will have,susie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and critiques. Thank you so much.